Harold Keller Elementary School
A message from Ms. Bobbie Hodgson, Principal, Harold Keller Elementary –
The goal of Harold Keller Elementary School is to enhance the family-school relationship through knowledge, communication, and participation. Our success as an outstanding educational institution depends on the involvement of the families of our students. We actively incorporate the Parent’s Right to Know in all aspects of our school program; highly qualified status of teachers and paraprofessionals, general policies of JPPSS, policies of Harold Keller Elementary, grading, scheduling, safe schools, attendance, and other areas that enhance the life of the school. We actively seek families to assist in the many areas of need to enhance student learning, parenting education, and positive promotion in the community.
All students will learn to their fullest potential.
The Harold Keller Elementary Community empowers all students to become…
- High academic achievers
- Knowledgeable and strategic citizens
- Ethical decision makers
Our Core Values and Beliefs
Core outcomes for students.
Our students will leave us…
- as confident risk takers who continually set and pursue positive goals.
- being able to read, write, and think critically.
- being able to demonstrate respect, tolerance, and acceptance of others.
Core commitments about how we shall operate as professionals.
As professionals we agree…
- that all students can learn and belong to all of us.
- to establish a positive learning environment where students can express themselves without fear of judgement.
- to collaborate, value, and respect others opinions and ideas in order to strengthen instructional practices to ensure all students learn.
Core commitments about how we will operate as a school community.
As an inclusive school community, we will create an environment where…
- students and parents value the education that Keller provides.
- all students feel safe.
- Keller faculty and staff, home, and the larger community promote a partnership amongst all stakeholders to insure students learn.
Our community includes all stakeholders (students, staff, parents, and all others) who contribute to the educational growth and well-being of our students.
Our Positive Behavior Pledge
At Harold Keller: We are Safe. We are Respectful. We are Responsible. We are Learners.
We foster and nurture the education, communication, and community outreach for our families and students through the following:
*Parenting workshops (Parenting With Love and Logic) *Annual Literacy/Math Night *School site visitations
*Family Field Day *Fall Family Fun Night *Active school website *Positive Behavior Support
*Parent-Teacher Conferences *Interims *Agendas (grades 3-5) *Communication Folders (Primary)
*Inclusion of Special Needs students *Surveys *Parent Organization *Newsletters
*Friends of the Library *Classroom Volunteers *Office Volunteers
*Participating in the celebrations and student recognition programs
*Week of the Young Child *Annual Scholastic Book Fair
We ask parents to become a partner in education through their monitoring of their child’s:
*Homework *Projects *Content Area Reports *Interval Assessments *Interims *Report Cards *iLEAP and LEAP *Behavior
Through the following, we hope to develop Parent Leaders, School Representatives, and Partners in School Programs which enhance the total school environment:
*Becoming an active member of Friends of Keller (Volunteer Group) *Serving on School Committees *Chaperoning field trips*Participating in the Classroom Volunteer Program
*Participating in the evaluation of programs at school